An abdominoplasty, often referred to as a tummy tuck, is a common cosmetic procedure used to remove extra abdominal fat and skin. The process also strengthens weak muscles, resulting in a firmer and smoother abdominal profile.
Abdominoplasty is a highly successful operation for achieving the desired toned abdominal contours and muscles. It is ideal for those who want a flat or toned stomach but cannot achieve it through exercise or diet.
Following a consultation with your cosmetic surgeon, you may choose between two techniques, a full tummy tuck or a partial or mini tummy tuck.
- Full abdominoplasty: During this procedure, your surgeon will create an incision that runs from hip bone to hip bone. The skin, tissue, and muscles that cover the entire stomach area from the rib cage to just below the navel will be tightened and shaped to fit around your belly button, which will stay in place (or be repositioned).
- Partial or mini abdominoplasty: This procedure targets a specific area of the abdomen and results in a shorter scar. While this treatment is less invasive, it treats a smaller area and is better suited for those with minimal laxity.
If additional operations are necessary, such as liposuction to remove fat from the hips (commonly known as “flanks”), your cosmetic surgeon may choose to conduct them.
A lower body lift can address extra skin and fat on the outer thighs and buttocks.
Depending on the type of abdominoplasty procedure performed, the procedure may take anywhere from one to three hours. General anesthesia or intravenous sedation will be administered.
This surgery may require an overnight stay and up to a week of standing and sleeping modifications.
Drainage tubes will be inserted to remove any excess fluid produced by your body. This is completely normal, and the tubes will be removed after one to three weeks.
It will take several weeks for the patient to recover. Your cosmetic surgeon may prescribe medication to alleviate your pain. Swelling should begin to subside within a few weeks and should completely resolve within a few months. You will need to modify your exercise and other activities per your doctor’s recommendations.
Scars are natural and will fade over time. Your plastic surgeon will take care to place incisions where they will be easy to conceal with bathing suits and other clothing. Additionally, the surgeon may recommend scar treatments, such as laser therapy to help fade and soften scars.
- Tummy tuck surgery is quite effective in achieving the desired toned abdominal contours.
- If a consistent weight is maintained, the procedure’s effects can be sustained.
- It aids in the development of a toned and muscular body.
- The operation has a significant long-term effect.
- For a few days after the procedure, there may be swelling and soreness.
- There are instances where bleeding may occur, as well as the possibility of infection.
- Post-surgery, there may be bruising, numbness, and weakness.
The final tummy tuck cost in Los Angeles varies depending on the doctor, treatment extent, and the facilities. This cost will also vary on anesthesia, hospitalization, and additional fees.
The plastic surgeon’s charge varies depending on his/her experience, region, city tier, and the number of practitioners in that area. Insurance may cover an abdominoplasty if it is medically necessary. Insurance does not cover cosmetic operations. There is also no medical plan that covers the surgery’s complications. Certain plastic surgery facilities have financing programs for their patients.